North

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 16:16:13 GMT, Gunner
said:

Im sure you are aware that Im quite good at research on the internet,
and did a fair amount of that, before posting my question. But there
are often tricks that individuals have come up that might be
appropriate

LOL...Yeah Gunner, I know you google, etc...
Which leads me to believe that you posted this as a spark (some on
topic for a change), there are a half a dozen site with plans for
simple magnetic (Ferrit bar and magnitic wire, you know the crap they
call an antenna inside an el-cheapo transister radio) which is most
likely what you'll end upmaking in the long run with your requirements
for 'low profile' Hell Gunner, just whip up one of those damn magnetic
antenns, make sure you've got plenty of lead wire, and simply set the
damn thing in which ever window works best for the station you are
tuning to. You can't get no lower profile then that and expect to
actually pick up anything., Heck, with a say 24 inch piece of ferrit,
wrap it with around 30 feet or so of magnetic wire. You can even add a
tuning cap if you want to get fancy, but as a general coverage antenna
you don't need all that for just receiving, YMMV. You can mount this
type of antenna in the window(s) either flat or top side.

If you need to be lower profile then the above, might I suggest a coat
hanger.

n.