Grant Erwin

What's wrong with setting up the welder on a mill and remachining the blade
guides? That way you can guarantee alignment in two planes. It's not even
necessary to dismantle the welder if you use a little imagination. I
followed my own advice when I rebuilt an old DoAll, and the blades come out
in dead alignment. I'd lose the hack saw idea, and fast.

Harold

In the end, Harold, I just decided to try the hacksaw idea. I blued up the
edge of a 6" shop rule and rubbed the back - only hitting on 2 points, as I
knew already. I took a piece of bandsaw blade stock and in about 60 seconds
I had the rule picking up all 4 points. A few more seconds to clean up the
corners and then a test weld -- dead straight, or as straight as I can tell
anyway. I'm sure that setting it up on a mill would be better, but this way
was much much faster.

Grant