Robert Swinney

Jim,
Likely what you saw up the canyon was what telephone guys call "parallel".
Parallel was just that; two conductors laying side by side, about 22 gauge
or so (I'm sure a Telco guy can correct us here). The conductors were very
hard drawn copper, or an alloy, to give strength against wind and ice

Single wire, ground for the other side, telephone circuits are not possible
today because of all the AC currents they would share the ground with.
Maybe one would work only over a very short distance, say one span or less.
Dunno. I talked on one of the "ancients" about 40 years ago, in rural
Kansas, and it was so noisy as to be almost unusable.

Bob Swinney
"Gunner" wrote in message
On 5 Apr 2005 06:56:26 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

out of an RV in an RV park. The park rules are such that they really
frown on antennas other than TV.

Are you allowed to have a clothesline?

Sounds crazy, but it has been known to work!

Jim

Hummm interesting. Ill check

Gunner

Rule #35