RMUH

Choreboy wrote:

It's a gusty day. I was in a house across the street when a light
flickered for two seconds. Digital equipment in three rooms had to be
reset: microwave, answering machine, computer, and television.

I've always assumed such flickering comes from arcing in a transmission
line, but digital clocks in two other rooms were not affected. The same
transformer supplies my house, and none of my digital equipment was affected.

What could cause power fluctuations that would affect household
electronics on some circuits but not others?

Choreboy

The problem might be local to that house, such as a bad connection in
the service drop. Also, some electronic equipment will withstand a brief
interruption in power better than other equipment.

--
Tony Electric
http://dotznize.com/electric

The Reticulan Museum Of Unnatural History
http://ouchouch.com/fancy.html