Paul \( Skiing8 \)

Default Stone dust collection bin

I am going to be cutting through a wall with an angle grinder and I wish to
cut down the dust as much as possible.

I have an idea for a dust collection bin.

Here's how it works.....

I will get a drum of some kind (one that can be sealed) that is fairly
robust and will not cave in. In the top of the bin I will cut a hole that is
the same size of the vaccuum hose. At the other side at the top I will cut
another hole that I will insert a plastic waste pipe that extends down to
the bottom of the bin. The bin will then be filled a 1/4 of the way with
water.

Another hose will be run from the waste pipe to a collector near where the
cutting will be done. When the vaccuum is switched on it will suck air
through the system and filter the fine dust through the water.

Will it work and be worth the effort?

Paul