Pat Barber

Freud makes excellent blades for both miter saws and
circular saws. They tend to be more than the average
but they also tend to be MUCH better...

Here are the crosscut blades

http://www.freudtools.com/woodworker...rosscut_1.html

Here are the rip blades

http://freud.dev.multi-ad.com/woodwo...Ripping_1.html

I would find a local tool dealer who deals with the pro's
and carries the Freud line. They will also be able to help
you in the selection.

Lacking a local dealer, try these guys:

http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/HOME.exe

They carry most of the Freud line...(most popular)

Matt wrote:

Hey Guys- Sorry if this one's been covered 1000 times.

After years of outdoor projects (deck building, etc.) and framing/finishing
basements in two houses, I've recently decided to try some
furniture/woodworking. After 1 weekend, I'm suddenly unhappy with wood
chipping/splintering during cuts (never a concern with my former projects).
Anyhow, it's pretty obvious that BOTH my 10" Miter Saw and 7 1/4" circular
saw could use new blades (ohhh- you're actually supposed to REPLACE those
things .

I know the basics of Crosscutting vs. Ripping, etc.- but I can't see alot of
home hobbyists changing out blades between cuts. What I'm looking for is a
some general advice on some all-purpose blades for my 2 tools
(teeth/brand/type, etc.) Some internet research has shown me that there are
some generally accepted VERY good blades out there (Forrest?), but is
putting a $125 blade on a $160 Craftsman miter saw (or $70 blade on a $70
circular saw) going to make my life easier, or is this a waste of $$$?

As for the projects I am working on (and planning), I expect to be cutting
alot of 3/4" birch & oak faced plywood (some bookcases), moldings, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice- I'd like to buy/order some blades early
this week to have in time for next weekend.