Joseph Meehan

Boots wrote:
seems to me I remember reading an article a few years back
on laying this kind of walk in sand or fine gravel and when
you got done you spread some cement over the joints and
misted it with water to bond it all together. Has anyone
ever tried it and how did you go about it, and did it
work????

I don't recommend the cement. Using proper sand with a good foundation
will result in a stable good walk. Over time, (especial the first few
years, the sand and settling will cause some movement in the stone. With
sand all you need do is to lift up the stone and use a little more sand to
level it out and fill in the joints.

If you use cement, you will likely have less settling, but you will
still have some and when you do, it means tearing it up which is a lot more
difficult and the results will not look the the original so it will look
like a patch job.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit