Ian Stirling

Default Zanussi washing machine, worth repairing?

David Phillips wrote:
hi -
thanks for info very useful.

Machine does not drain, no. it just stops, with water inside. Then one opens
the door thinking the machine has finished with hilarious slapstick-type
consequences as water spews on to floor.
By then running it on "spin" it's usually possible to get
it to do just that, after 4 or 5 goes. The water does then drain away, which
negates the blocked pipe idea (I'd pondered that one too).

Re pump replacement., I sure don't want to be paying thru the nose if I can
do it myself. Looks like a Sunday afternoon job.

Does the machine "hum", when it should be pumping?
That was one symptom the dead pump exhibited, if it diddn't start.