Tim Downie

Default Acer laptop spares supplier wanted.

Ian Stirling wrote:
In uk.d-i-y Tim Downie wrote:

I *enjoy* fixing things. Besides, I can't see a USB wifi adaptor
accepting a compact flash memory card.

If you have to ask what SMD rework gear is, you almost certainly are
not capable of repairing this, even if you can purchase the bare
socket.

*Please* read what I've written before coming over all pompous Ian. I'm
grateful for your input to this thread but if you'd read my posts you would
have seen that the existing socket simply plugs into the motherboard. No
soldering required.

USB CF reader = 3-4 quid.
USB hub = 2 quid.
USB wireless adaptor - 30 quid.
http://www.ebuyer.com/

Yes, I know these things are cheap enough. It just seems daft to shell out
for a number of separate devices when all I need is a new pcmcia socket.
As present I don't know how much one will cost (or indeed whether I can even
obtain one) but it would be *my* prefered option.

Tim

--
Remove the obvious to reply by email.