Unquestionably Confused

Pete Duncan wrote:
On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 01:05:33 GMT, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:
I used small bullet catches like you use for a inset cabinet door. One
set into the side of each dog making it maybe 3/16" proud. Never had
one slip through yet. Mine are walnut finished with Watco.

I think the spring-loaded bullet catch would work well as long
as the dogs have enough "meat" to contain them.

Along the same lines, I wonder if one could achieve a similar
effect by inserting a short piece of rubber, tubing, pencil eraser,
etc. into a small hole in the side of the dog? Something "spongey",
protruding just enough to compress as the dog is inserted into the
hole and firm enough to prevent it from slipping through.

Perhaps. Heck there are probably a number of different ways to tackle
this problem. As for enough meat on the dog? What the heck are we
talking about here? A couple of scrap pieces of hardwood, a few minutes
with the saw and sander to make a few new ones. It's not like we're
doing the whole benchg