Peter Parry

Default Garage ceiling - what to use?

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:39:43 +0100, "Richard Sterry"
wrote:

My question is, bearing in mind that its purpose is not so much to look nice
like a ceiling inside the house, but to fulfil a practical need, what would
be the most suitable (and cheap) DIY material to use? I don't really want to
be messing about with plasterboard, (unless you can persuade me otherwise),

When we built our garage I lined the roof with plasterboard sheets
and painted them white for the same reasons you want to. The
plasterboard was simply screwed in place - no skimming or filling.
It was simple to do (although you need some props and assistance) and
looks as new after 12 years. No cars are in the garage though :-).

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/