Harry B. Pye

I used to use Watco Danish Oil quite a lot, and applied according to
the instructions on the can it was _usually_ dry to the touch
overnight. However, if the wood or weather were damp, if it was cool
or the wood was already an oily one, (not the case with cherry,
though) it would remain "damp" feeling for days sometimes. I'd give
it at least a week before I'd consider doing something else to it.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. I think I'm suffering from
impatience. The bowl was quite dry, it was a blank from Woodcraft. I put the
Watco on while sitting at my kitchen table so the room was comfortably warm.
I kept the bowl 'shiny wet' for the better part of an hour before wiping off
the excess. On the can it says it dries in ten hours. The following morning
it was quite a bit dryer but you could still smell it. It is a little better
today.

I plan to use the Beall buffing system on it and am reluctant to rub
anything into the surface until it is quite a bit dryer. Like I said, I'm
probably impatient.

Thanks again, Harry