Bill Rubenstein

Something to consider...

I have no switch on my vacuum pump -- you have to pull the plug. It
makes it that much harder, in a moment of lack of concentration, to shut
down the pump before I shut down the lathe.

Bill

Dan Klima wrote:
Thanks, all, for your responses and information.

I undoubtedly will be adding a vacuum chuck in the future so I will have to
take a look at Craft Supply for that. Also, I was thinking that I would
install a switched outlet down the road when I get all of my wiring
situated - probably one of those with a light to let me know when it is
switched on ... if I should look ... possibly before I do something stupid
... if I remember.

Thanks again,
Dan Klima

"Bruce Wiseman" wrote in message
. 63.158...

Another question for you, Steve, as well as for anyone else that is
lurking this thread. Ever hooked up a vacuume chuck arrangement on
this lathe? I was wondering if there would be any problems or
considerations that I should . . . uh . . . consider. I am really
looking forward to working with this lathe. It is to arrive in about
a week and it's getting harder to wait!

Our local chapter of the AAW has this lathe as the club lathe and they
often use it with a vacuum chuck. I have seen them use two, the one from
Craft Supply and another home made version. BTW the threaded pipe used in
lamps (available at hardware store) is a perfect match for instert from
Craft Supply.