Ed Huntress

"George Willer" wrote in message

You can try to cloud the issue with bull****, but the fact remains...

"Bull****"? This, from a guy who just told us he had the math all figured
out in third grade, that the birthrate was going down, even though it
actually went up for roughly 20 years after he was born?

George, you're going to have a problem now passing yourself off as the clear
voice of reason. g

the
ratio of those paying in to the system relative to those receiving payment
is and will continue in the same direction... the direction that is fatal

the system.

It will go in the same direction for quite a while, assuming that current
trends can be projected (a specious assumption, but we'll go along) but it
is hardly fatal to the system.

I don't think you know the numbers well enough to make the statements you're
making, George. I don't think you know how wide the range of projections is,
nor what it would take, right now, to get SS over the coming hump.

So, as I said, believe what you want. You will anyway. As for me, I believe
that the real experts at this business, the actuaries, know enough to
realize it's all political b.s. Some of them have said so. So have a number
of the world's top economists.

I'd rather keep listening to the facts. Enjoy yourself.

--
Ed Huntress