jim rozen

In article , George Willer says...

If you really want to argue, read the Constitution first!

Why bother, our president hasn't read it (can he really *read*?)
and if he has, he's decided that the best use for it under his
adminstration is for it to be hanging, torn up in tidy squares,
in the white house, outhouse.

Now that you've made that assertion, how about educating us with some
specific examples supporting what you say. Otherwise, we will be free to
assume you've made that judgement without having any facts and without ever
reading the Constitution.

Well don't take my word for it George. If I were gunner, I'd quote
from some left (right) wing whackO site, but I won't do that either.
How about if I quote from a legal opinion, like this one he

http://news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/schiavo/33005ca11rhrng2.pdf

To save you the trouble of opening the pdf file, I'll quote from it
he

(begin quote)
.....despite sincere
and altruistic motivation, the legislative and executive branches of our
government have acted in a manner demonstrably at odds with our Founding
Fathers' blueprint for the governance of a free people -- our Constitution.
Since I have sworn, as have they, to uphold and defend that Covenant, I
must respectfully concur in the denial of the request for rehearing ...
(end quote)

I dunno. Sounds like the author is pretty much in favor of
the conclusion, "George Bush thinks the constitution is best
suited for toilet paper." He's so busy tripping over his own
two feet to get back from vacation to try to bulldoze that Terry
law into effect, he kinda forgot about a little thing called
the US constitution.

Seeing as you love that document so much George, you must be
horrified to find that your own president wiping his behind
with it.

Read the entire decision, it's pretty interesting. It has other
things in it like:

Accordingly, we must conscientiously guard
the independence of our judiciary and safeguard the constitution, even in
the face of the unfathomable human tragedy that has befallen Ms. Schiavo
and her family and the recent events related to her plight which have
troubled the consciences of many."

Basically the US constitution takes precedence over pandering to the
religious right, GWB's hand-wringing notwithstanding.

Have a sparkling day, George.

Jim

please reply to: