Matt

Toller -

Replace the pump...... 22 years puts the pump past it's prime.

You could attempt to repair it; I'm guessing the connections are
corroded or the trigger switch is bad.

OTOH, the impeller could be rusted, or the windings open.

Bottom liine is you don't want to be without a sump pump when you need
one; and trust me - when you need one it will be at about 2:00 AM and
this will obviously mean a VERY expensive replacement - and thenm
hopefully they get it replaced before your basement floods.

Even if you're pretty sure the pit will never fill - don't take a
chance on this. IMO - it's critical you keep it in good working order.

It's an easy job, as I'm sure you know. I'd recc a Zoeller pump; the
design of this pump hasn't changed in 40 years.