Choreboy

m Ransley wrote:

That house may have a loose feed it is something your utility will check
and fix free even on sunday as it can damage electronics. I had that
problem. The clocks probably have battery backup.

The flickering of the ceiling light lasted long enough for the lady of
the house to ask, "What's that?" and me to turn around and see it.

After finding four electronic devices scrambled in three rooms, she
checked the bedroom clocks, saying they always go out if the power
flickers. They were fine. It makes sense that the breakers for the
side of the house with the problems would be on the same side of the
breaker box.

The same transformer supplies my house. I have computerized stuff
plugged into both sides of the line, and none was affected. However,
the line that supplies my neighbors supplies another neighbor, who says
she had to reset her electronics after her lights flickered at the same
time yesterday.

I guess it's a splice up above. I see a couple of popped splice covers
up there; maybe they overheated sometime due to resistance in the
connection. Could a bad splice have welded itself during the
flickering? As it didn't affect my service I suppose I shouldn't be the
one to report it. What would my neighbors risk by not reporting it?

Choreboy