Mary Fisher

Default Is scrap copper worth anything nowadays?

"mrcheerful" wrote in message

Just look up scrap metal dealers (non ferrous) in the yellow pages. Ring
and they will give you the latest price they will pay, take it down, they
inspect and weigh it and pay out cash.
This is a very satisfying experience !!

It is indeed. But now we go to our local scrap merchant and buy copper
cylinders from him. It's official and above board by the way, with all the
necessary paperwork. We use the cylinder walls and return unused parts to
him as scrap.

We make things from the copper sheet, it's far cheaper than buying it new
and comes with a patina. Recycling at its best!

The scrap yard is also a very useful place becuase it has a weighbridge,
great for assessing laden weights of vehicles, the caravan and the like.

Mary

mrcheerful