Charlie Self

Silvan wrote:
can relate to how you feel about the thing rotting for lack of funds

too.
We have a transportation museum hereabouts that is basically a cemetery
for
old vehicles in various pathetic states of decay. Some few of the
exhibits
are in good shape, but most of them are little more than a scrap heap.

Yeah. The Roanoke Transportation Museum is worth a detour off 81 for
those passing by. That's especially true for anyone interested in old
trains, as this is where a lot of the Norfolk Southern relics have
ended up. I hope one day soon to get over there with a camera, instead
of my nekkid hands. In the meantime, though, I'm on a search for show
quality street rods to photograph. I wonder if there are many of those
at the RTM? Hah.

OBWW: Was your boy entered in the Pine Whosis Derby the other day?
Fairly extensive coverage in one columnist's view, not bad at all.
Seems like the kids had fun with their wooden cars.