Wes Stebbins

So, then, to expand my original questions

1) Is there not a "specific" technique for wiring 1 stranded wire to two
solid (14 gage) wires? (Of course, by "two solid" I mean the light's white
stranded wire to two white wires - one coming in, one going out - the same
for the black and ditto for the grounds.

2) Is either method for the ground wires ok, i.e., (a) my
contractor/friend's running the solid ground wires back up throught the
knockout (not even connecting to the light's green wire ground, but the two
solid ground wires, of course, touching the light's metal box in the
process) vs. (b, per instructions for the lights) connecting the two solid
ground wires to the light's green wire?

Thanks again,

Wes

"Wes Stebbins" wrote in message
I'm installing PS 1/PS 5 Air Seal Recessed Housing from Thomas Lighting
(purchased from Menards). I have two basic questions concerning the
joining of wires when wiring up these lights.

1) I know when you join two solid wires together you're supposed to wind
them clockwise around each other. Also, when you join a single stand wire
to a solid you're supposed to first wrap the strand end around the solid
wire, then bend the solid wire over the stranded wire. My question, then,
is what do you do when you have two solid wires and 1 stranded wire to
connect together.

2) Also, concerning the particular lighting described above, when
connecting additional outl, a contractor friend of mine attaches (wraps)
both ground wires together, and then sends them back up through the
knockout - as opposed to doing what the directions say, namely, hook the
ground to the green wires, etc. What is the correct way to do this (or
are they both ok?), as well as advantages/disadvantages to each?

Thanks,

Wes