Newfdog

The problem is we don't use our color printers very often and in the
interim the color cartridges dry up. The black ones do too in record
time it seems also. This is frustrating and expensive as well. We
bought a refill kit for our specified cartridges, and tried refilling
the blacks first. We drilled the hole on top and refilled them and then
plugged the hole all with only marginal success. I have two black ones
sitting in front of me right now that are refilled but won't print. Is
there a trick to successfully doing this? And is there anything I can
do to try to prolong the life of these stupid things between long
periods of inactivity? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Sometimes if you let them soak in hot water for awhile they will free
up. I would do this before I refilled them. As for storing them, try
putting them in plastic bag with a moist paper towel and sealing them as
air tight as you can. I can't guarantee success but it has worked for me
more than it hasn't worked.

Newfdog