Do Litlle Jr.

"John Bachman"
wrote in message ...
[....]
The Cap Wizard is also sensitive to charged caps. The repair is not
hard but that is non-productive time. That is why we developed the
Savr circuit for it - lets the meter work but protects up to 400 volts.

I might as well add a word about some cheap imports that have been
manufactured in China and sold by (for instance) a big electronic
wholesaler in Toronto. Those ESR meters have major problems
with protection... one should implement input protection, else its
only a matter of time and a waste of Can$ 39.95 since they are
completely toast after an ordeal with a charged capacitor.

"Thank God it's Friday, only two more working days until Monday."

John
The Electronic Repair Center at www.anatekcorp.com
Professional electronic repair discussion at
www.anatekcorp.com/elrepair/elrepair.htm