Dave Chamberlain

alexy wrote:
: Dave Chamberlain wrote:
: : Just a matter of nomenclature he what you are calling "wheel
: : protectors" are band saw tires.
:
: Oops, sorry about that. ...

: No apology needed. Maybe I just learned a new nomenclature. But I
: think that you will have more luck on searches for bandsaw tires.

I found much better luck when searching for the right terms. It may
not matter much, but here is a manual I found for a 14" JET. The assembly
diagram is what I have, right down to the way the top/rear (Inner) cover is attached,
and the access door in the back.

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/partfiles/M_708115K.pdf

: These tires come off fairly easily. The wheels have a slight rim on
: them, maybe 1/8 high or so.
: Sounds like the Delta. And the space between the rims is about 1"? If
: so, you have a wheel that sounds like a likely candidate for a new
: tire to fit delta/jet/grizzly etc. 14" bandsaws.

: The tires are flat.
: But I bet the wheel has a slight crown, i.e., with the tire on, the
: tire is flush to the rim, but the center is proud of the rim.

Someone else pointed out that I may not know what tight is and will find
out when putting on a new one. (not their words) That's absolutly true.
When I say that they are tight, I just meant they weren't sagging, they
are pretty easy to get off, and reading some of the older postings about
replacing the tires, I'm going to be in for a treat :-)

I didn't look close enough to see how it was contoured. Should it be?

--

-davec