LP

On 4 Apr 2005 03:51:07 -0700, wrote:

I have had a disk sander and a vertical belt sander combo for several
years now. At first, I thought that the vertical sander would handle
my stationary belt sander needs. I found out very soon that you do
most of your belt sanding with the grain and that means what you really
want is an edge sander. It supports the long edge of a board and keeps
it flat against the belt.

Well, I found one that is reasonably priced while I was considering the
distribution of some woodworking machines (such as the jointer I put on
Ebay a couple of weeks ago). I bought one for myself and I have one on
Ebay now. It appears to do a wonderful job in tuning up door and
drawer edges that I used a plane for. It is aggressive but one of the
most controlable power sanders I own. I am betting that there are
others that have been interested in these like I have.

Now, I have only had mine up and running in the last day or so, so I am
not an expert. I would like to know of those of you out there that have
these -- how valuable are they to you?

Here is the one I have on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:LC:US:1

Change the color to green and that one is a twin to my older grizzly.
The only drawback to it is that its low to floor, almost as if it were
designed to have the operator sitting in a chair in front of it.

As to its value in the shop, I could get along without it I spose but
I'd sure miss it. It's invaluable for reducing/truing edges of all
sorts. Not only straight but also convex and (with limitations)
concave.

If I didn't have one, this would be a tool that would be on my 'must
have' list.