alexy

Dave Chamberlain wrote:

: Just a matter of nomenclature he what you are calling "wheel
: protectors" are band saw tires.

Oops, sorry about that. The assembly diagram I found for a JET model
that looks pretty darn close called the wheel protectors. I'll start
calling them the right things now :-)

No apology needed. Maybe I just learned a new nomenclature. But I
think that you will have more luck on searches for bandsaw tires.

: Well, 14" = 14". g I imagine that they could come in different
: widths, and there are rimmed and unrimmed, crowned and uncrowned
: wheels, but all 14" band saws that I am familiar with are copies of
: the Delta, so purchasing a pair of new urethane tires designated as
: being for delta 14" and clones might be a way to go. Buy from someone
: with good return policies in case they do not look right--these things
: are not cheap.

These tires come off fairly easily. The wheels have a slight rim on
them, maybe 1/8 high or so.

Sounds like the Delta. And the space between the rims is about 1"? If
so, you have a wheel that sounds like a likely candidate for a new
tire to fit delta/jet/grizzly etc. 14" bandsaws.

The tires are flat.

But I bet the wheel has a slight crown, i.e., with the tire on, the
tire is flush to the rim, but the center is proud of the rim.