On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 11:57:52 GMT, someone wrote:

And I'm not going to tell you how to do that. This is a _very_basic_ switch
installation, and - no offense intended - the fact that you had to ask how it
works demonstrates that you don't have nearly the knowledge needed to do the
job safely.

When I tried to tell him that, he got all huffy on me.

I repeat, he has NO IDEA what is going on. To assume or even hope
that the two black wires go to two different fixtures (yet there is
nothing else connected to the switch) shows that he doesn't get the
CONCEPT. And all this stuff about the right side - so what.