Default New Sewer System: Grinder pump placement

A municipal waste system is being installed. It is a pressurized system
and grinder pumps are being installed for each home. The contractor
will place the pump where I want it. I have no model/part # for the
pump, but its a 5' deep by 3' diameter can with a 3' dia "manhole
cover" on top.

My responsibility is for the plumbing upto the pump, plus providing
power to the unit ( 220v,30A ). The town/contractor is providing
an electrician for the electrical hookup to my panel.

Excavation to run my waste line to the pump runs appx $20/ft
hereabouts.
I can have the contractor place the pump in my driveway beneath my
kitchen window, and dig 2' into the foundation myself. What I dont know
is if grinder pumps stink. If so I'll have it dropped 20' away and dig,
and pay. I'm on a tight budget. Are they "scentless" on a hot summer
day? Whats a reasonable distance from a window? 1" 1' 10' 100'?

Mike D