Patriarch

"Harry B. Pye" wrote in
groups.com:

Does Watco Danish Oil Finish have a shelf life or expiration time?
Last night I applied Watco to a small cherry bowl according to the
instructions on the can and Bill Grumbine's video. This morning it
still felt soft and I could still smell the finish. I have no idea how
old the can of Watco may be, it has been sitting on a shelf for years.
I'd appreciate and information you can pass on.

Thanks, Harry

Was it cold last night in your shop? We got down to about 40 here, with
humidity. Waterlox didn't cure completely overnight either, and that was a
thinly wiped coat. Shellac on the other test piece did just fine, however.

Give it another warm day, with ventilation. Or bring it inside.

Patriarch