Gunner

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 19:50:28 -0700, Ken Cutt
wrote:

thank you for responding. I would like to straiten Al "shafts" used in
underwater spear fishing. The impact with the fish often causes the
shaft to bend. I beleive the avenue I wish to follow is annealing. As
far as grades I can not say because they vary. I have always wanted to
build one of these; Maybe designed to accomodate other types of metals
as well. Any suggestions or concerns? thank you. -Davey

Would the equipment they use to re straighten arrows work ? Pretty
common for archery , if so you might ask at a specialty store locally or
search on line . Luck
Ken Cutt

An arrow straightener is nothing more than two v blocks, a lever in
the center to apply force, and a dial indicator.

You can make a decent one in a couple hours start to finish.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"