Rick Dipper

Default Is scrap copper worth anything nowadays?

On 16 Apr 2004 23:59:21 -0700,
(William McNicol) wrote:

Hi,

We are just in the middle (well, perhaps not yet in the middle) of
redoing our kitchen in our much hacked about house. I have removed a
whole load of redundant copper (and lead) piping and a hot water
cylinder from the roof space which had undoubtedly allowed generations
of plumbers to send their children to private schools and to skiing
holidays in exclusive Swiss resorts.

Is it likely to be worth the trouble of cutting up to fit in the
car to sell for scrap? What sort of price /Kg would I get? (Should I
remove fittings or just leave them on?)

Cheers,

William.

You will get enough to make it worth the effort, seeing as you need to
get rid of it somehow, but you won't become a rich man.

Rick