Matt

Sure man.

First, re your first para: so admtted, and a sincere fapology or my
past behavior/comments.
For a while I wanted to be in the PJM club, and I have no idea why.

As far as the cancelling:

Like anything else on the net, everything is run under a protocol.
Usenet is very siimilar to email, and thus can be hacked.

Usenet was also built with the ability to cancl posts; so that you
could "take something back".

What hte person was doing was forging the header to make it look like
he posted it, and then sent the cancel sequence.

Fortunately, htere is a way to stop this, simply by posting in:
news.admin.net-abuse.usenet

Literally, I posted there and within minutes, a gentleman named Howard
Knight was on the case and solved the problem quickly.

The abuser (Paul Milligan) was quickly dressed down, as well.

See, the thread titled " Cancel " REPOST: PJM", for details,
pay partuiculr attention to the posts from Howard.

Also, if you get some time, read :
http://www.killfile.org/faqs/c=ADancel.html, or google "cancelbot".

Thank you for your thank you.

I think I've done a pretty good job of breaking up the hate group, and
others who really want to contribute are beginning to step forward.

Finally, cancelbot users (other than using them for spam, and few
other valid reasons) are looked upon in asimilar fashion as child
molesters are in prison, by the usenet admins. If someone cancels your
posts - there are people who will help.