Edwin Pawlowski

"Prometheus" wrote in message
I really did consider this option very carefully, but I did have an
opportunity to try out a pair of Unisaws in a shop, and I honestly did
not see that they were $400-800 better than a contractor-style saw.
That isn't to say that they aren't really nice- but I'm not depending
on this particular saw to make my living, and I think I can retrofit a
dust-collection system for it that will add some of the lost weight
and work almost as well as a factory-made cabinet.

The cabinet saw is the choice for cutting 12/4 maple all day long. Since I
don't, I opted for the con tractor's saw.

Delta has (or had?) an accessory to help with dust collection, but I cannot
find it on their web page. It is a molded plastic bottom with outlet for a
4" hose. It is easiest installed when assembling the saw so check it out
when you buy.

--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/