Larry Jaques

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 22:20:42 +0100, the inscrutable Martin Evans
spake:

(Doug Miller) wrote:

It's *very* easy to avoid the troll posts. Do a Google search on this
newsgroup for "nfilter" or "newsproxy". Then download my TrollFilters; see my
sig for download instructions. Up until this morning, I hadn't seen *any* of
the "disgusting posts" for a *long* time, and the filters are already updated
to catch the garbage that got through earlier today.

I've been on Usenet for many years using Agent almost every day.
Despite my well honed headers for email spam Usenet filtering is
lacking somewhat in Agent. So thanks for the tip Doug. It's easy to
install and use and hardly delays header retrieval at all.

I won't buy the upgrade until the day they improve the filtering.
(I tried 2.0 and reverted to 1.93 because very few things had changed
enough to warrant the upgrade fee (at least how I use agent, for news
only.)

Once Agent can filter on message text, they'll have gone a long,
long way toward making a perfect product. I just wish they'd DO
that. Then I could filter out replies to the jerks as well as the
jerks. As it is now, I have to nuke the sender and ALL repliers to
their posts if I don't want to see a particular person's messages.

Never put off 'til tomorrow | http://www.diversify.com
what you can avoid altogether. | Dynamic Website Applications