bill a

I am a fan of skylights, but I have only installed them during remodels,
when the ceiling structure was open anyway.
I don't know that it is worth it to cut into a finish ceiling. Some $50?
light fixtures can pretty well replicate the light qualities
and they don't cause roof leaks.

fwiw
bill

"Sam" wrote in message
newsih1e.104915$r55.23691@attbi_s52...
In the day time my kitchen is kind of dark and I have to turn the lights
on.
I was thinking about having a sun tunnel installed. They say there are 2
types of tunnels from the roof. One is a shinny chrome like pipe, and
another is a flexible shinny tube. My ceiling in the kitchen is about 4
feet from the roof/rafters. I have heard that these tunnels provide a lot
of
reflective light down with a diffuser mounted on the ceiling to disperse
the
light. I would appreciate your recommendations as to where I can buy one
and
your opinions on how you all feel about them. How long do they last and
are
they prone to leaking. Thank you all for your help.