dadiOH

m Ransley wrote:
Oil wont protect the wood from wear as I dought it is walnut it is
likely dark stained oak.

Remember, it is a *parquet* floor...no reason it couldn't be walnut.
And yes, the wood will wear. So? Takes a while to wear through...had a
teak parquet floor once, oiled, hadn't "worn through" in 16 years. Even
if it had, it is duck soup to re-oil a floor.
________________

Wear through the protective layer and it is
basicly shot needing a sanding to wood.

Which is why I wouldn't use a top coat surface finish. Or stain. No
need to sand to reapply oil.

For a rental several coats of
poly are best

Not if it were *my* rental