Alan

In message , Furby
wrote

What I thing will happen will be more of Labours grand redistribution of
wealth. I.e. council tax in the south will go up in the south and go down in
the north. Hence no overall increase.

I'm still awaiting the refund of the Poll Tax levy that was charged to
lower taxation areas to help out the higher spending Tory councils.

I.e. there will be one banding systems for the country, not one for each
area, and since houses are typically cheaper in the north they will pay
less, and the extra taxes taken in the south will be sent to the north.

The local taxation system is very wrong! Local taxation should not be
based on the ability to pay or the size of the house - it should be
based on what you use. On average, a house with single adult is going to
use less of the council's resources than a household with two adults who
in turn are going to use less than a household with two adults and 2.5
kids.

A fair system would be to tax the whole population, including children,
the same amount per person.
--
Alan