andrewpreece

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
Some angle grinder disks are intended for metal and others for stone.

Can anyone explain what the difference in the disks actually is, i.e. what
property of the disk makes it suitable for either metal or stone. What are

the
disadvantages of using the wrong type of disk?

Is it in anyway dangerous to use the wrong type of disk? The labels on

some of
my used disks are none to clear.

--

Michael Chare

Dunno if it's dangerous, but I do know that metal cutting discs won't work
on stone.
You get a hot smell and a pile of powder that was your disc starts to
accumulate
below your work. The obscure label problem is one I've come across myself:
like
I said, it's obvious when you have the wrong disc for the job.

Andy.