Furby

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Furby" wrote in message

I believe the politicians when they say no overall increase in council
tax.
How ever I don't think they are telling you everything.

What I thing will happen will be more of Labours grand redistribution of
wealth. I.e. council tax in the south will go up in the south and go

down
in
the north.

That would be nice. But I don't think it will happen. The re-assessment is
for the what used to be called rateable value of properties isn't it? The
amount you pay NEVER goes down.

Mary

Not sure on that point , but a large amount of the council tax from the
south of England has been sent up north. The south is effectively
subsidising the north's council tax. That's one of the reasons council tax
is so high in the south of England.