David Brodbeck

VCR Gymnast wrote:
Hi David...I have had patients with a similar problem. This sounds like
either a a
href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=power%20supply"
onmouseover="window.status='power supply'; return true;"
onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"power supply/a issue or a
mode switch issue. As you have seen, there are many fuses in the power
supply, and I assume you have checked that they are not only working,
but also that they are of the correct rating.

Yes, I've checked them. I'm not sure what the correct test point
voltages are, though, so I can't verify anything else about the power
supply.

In my opinion, the Achilles
heel of both the BR-S811U and BR-S611U is the mode switch. It is very
sensitive to correct positioning, and if the unit gets knocked, the
machine will half-load, then give an error signal (like error 32) and
eject the tape. The switch is under the transport and is a small board
held in place with one screw. Hope that is of some help.

Hmm! We might be on to something here. I'm getting warning code 72
when I load a tape. I didn't include this information in the original
post because I hadn't realized this deck had a warning code display at
the time. Is there a reference somewhere for what these codes mean?