VCR Gymnast

Hi David...I have had patients with a similar problem. This sounds like
either a a
href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=power%20supply"
onmouseover="window.status='power supply'; return true;"
onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;"power supply/a issue or a
mode switch issue. As you have seen, there are many fuses in the power
supply, and I assume you have checked that they are not only working,
but also that they are of the correct rating. If so, the best way to
rule out a power supply issue is to swap in another power supply board
if you can get access to another machine. In my opinion, the Achilles
heel of both the BR-S811U and BR-S611U is the mode switch. It is very
sensitive to correct positioning, and if the unit gets knocked, the
machine will half-load, then give an error signal (like error 32) and
eject the tape. The switch is under the transport and is a small board
held in place with one screw. Hope that is of some help.