George

"Reyd" wrote in message
I am using a vicmarc chuck at the moment for work, it came off the
general at work, and has fit on my general before, now it is refusing to
engage and go all the way on, so I can't work till I fix it, any
sugestions
they are both 1x8's and it should fit, the threads are all clean.

--

Depth of thread/length of shaft disparity? Might also check for an
unthreaded portion on your shaft right up near the bearing. For reasons

Workaround is a precision washer or bushing to take up the slack.