Ray L. Volts

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi folks;

Again and again I see people posting here with various problems which
would send me straight to the scope probe. Does anyone use these things
anymore or what ? When you got immediate shutdown for example, what I
do is scope the HOT. Does anyone else do this ?

The main thing is, I see scopes just collect dust in shops until I get
there, sometimes. How many parts have been replaced needlessly ?

Mine collects dust just because it gets dusty so damn quick around here!
Seriously, dust off everything and 2 days later new film of dust is present.
Anyway, I use my Sencore SC61 on many repairs, not only for alignment
procedures, but, as you suggest, to prevent unnecessary part replacement
(easter egg hunting), which ultimately also saves time.

Perhaps alot of techs need a scope class or something ?

Agree with that. Lots of techs who do use scopes don't use them in such a
way as to get the most out of their measurements.