Andy Dingley

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 14:08:40 GMT, "Dave Jackson"
wrote:

I wonder what kind of improvement this thing is over just using the trash
can with the plastic lid for the two stage, like this:

That isn't a cyclone, that's a drop box.

For 4" hose and a chip collector for a thicknesser, it's not a bad
idea. But for sawdust from my bandsaw, my home-made 2 1/2" hose
cyclone collects all the dust and doesn't pass anything to the vacuum.
I can be emptying two bucketfuls of dust from the cyclone before I've
even collected a dust cake on the vacuum filter.

--
If we fail, then let us fail heroically
(or even better, stoichiometrically)