Backlash

For those interested, the full scale replica of the Ram Neuse II has now
been opened initially on weekends for public tours.

http://www.kinston.com/SiteProcessor...&Section=Local

RJ

"Don" wrote in message
ink.net...
Just noticed that you're close to Newport, my mom and sister live there,
I'm supposed to go there in the next coupla weeks.
I'll stop by.
I wanna see that big boat in person.
Wouldn't mind seeing the old one too.
Restorations are my bag, sort of.
I've done historic restorations on some of the oldest homes around here.

"Backlash" wrote in message
I'm glad you enjoyed it! If you're ever down this way, I'll get you set
up for a tour of it. My friend is the retired fire chief, and is a
Boatswain's Mate and self-appointed volunteer tour historian for the boat
and battlefields. He's also a custom knife maker. I'm pretty sure I can
get you a ride in his Surburban and get you a driving tour of the
historical sites. He lives for that stuff, and besides, I build his
tooling and such for his knifemaking. G

RJ

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
Way too cool.

I'm a bit of a Civil War and Lincoln buff. I've read extensively on the
war in modern and period books (I collect the latter). Some of the most
engaging history I've read has been the battle between the Merrimack
and the Monitor as the Ironclads were first introduced. I've honestly
never heard of the Neuse but now have something more to learn about.

This was very cool for me to see Civil War history intertwined with
woodworking. It's kind like titty skin and beer!