Tim Douglass

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 22:21:08 -0600, Patriarch
wrote:

At the risk of sending this thread completely down the toilet...

Has anyone investigated what it would take to run a shop off-grid? Say
with photovoltaic or similar? (No waterwheels or human powered pitsaws
considered, please.)

Photovoltaic is way too expensive and inefficient to run a shop. To
get off grid you would need to look at wind power, hydro (waterwheel
or generator) or steam or internal combustion motor generator.
Depending on the area steam may have the best potential since you
could use just about anything for fuel.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com