Eric R Snow

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 09:24:06 -0800, GrumpyOldGeek
wrote:

Bugs wrote:
My first vehicle was a Model T Ford that had two tanks. One small tank
held gasoline and the big tank took kerosene. You started up on
gasoline and warmed up the engine, then switched over to kerosene for
driving. Gasoline was considered pretty expensive back then, 13
cents/gal. Kerosene was 6 cents.
Anyone else reckymember those days?
Bugs

Way before my time. I do have an old Delco
light plant. A single cylinder engine
directly coupled to a dc generator. It also
starts on gas and runs on kerosene. I've
tried it and it works. Kinda stinks and
smokes on kerosene though.

I have a '39 Ford 9N tractor. Somewhere I also have some documentation
that I think came from Ford that tells how to run the tractor on
kerosene. This required a kit which had a tube that wrapped around the
exhaust manifold. The kerosene ran through the tube and then to the
carb. So as soon as the tube was hot enough, and the engine too, the
now much thinner kerosene would work with the gasoline carb.
ERS