DaveR

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 12:26:57 -0500, "Eric Tonks"
etonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM wrote:

If your sump pump is set to turn on at less than an inch from the top, this
means that the gravel (if you have gravel) under the concrete is full of
water, and the water is saturating the concrete floor from below. If you
have a low area in the concrete floor the water will seep into this area as
it may be below your water level. Lower your turn on level so that it is at
least a couple or more inches below your concrete bottom, more if you have
the room.

OK, I figured out how to adjust it by shortening the cable to the
float. However, I've made it as short as I can without risking the
float catching on the pump itself, and still the water gets almost to
the top before it pumps.

I guess I need a new float switch, or maybe a new pump...