Ross Richardson

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"The Real Tom" tom @ www.Love-Calculators.com wrote in message
.. .

I've heard of people buying synthetic and loving it till it failed the
mayonnaise test. The story goes, the orginal manufactures tested the
product against years of UV, bugs, walking traffic, but never tested
it gainst bbq food. The mayonnaise fell on the deck, and the product
sucked it up, and stained.

Now this was told to me third hand, but now that I've heard it, I
would find out how synthetic stands up to food.

That would happen with real wood also. If you look on the Trex web page,
they give some cleaning instructions and mention that some things may leave
a stain.

http://www.trex.com/Universal/produc...ndcleaning.asp

Like wood, it is also possible to paint the deck at any time.

Interesting about the mold cleaning. I thought that these materials
didn't support mold. I guess it is the media on the deck that grows the
mold? I suspect that you would have all the same problems with natural wood.

Ross

--
Regards,

Ross