Tim Smith

I dont know whether it is right or wrong, but on the plastering course I
went on, we didnt use a float for the skim coat.

The float was used to smooth off the undercoat, whereas the trowel was used
alone for getting the final finish on the wall.

Tim

"littlehobo" wrote in message

Hi,

I plastered my ceiling a couple of months ago and was really pleased
with the finish. However, I wasn't sure of how to correctly finish
with the float, and ended up finishing with a wet sponge/brush. I now
have to do a wall, and really want the smooth finish from the float.
Any tips? Do you use it in the same way as a trowel, or do you put it
flat onto the plaster, in which case, how do you prevent suction?

Bruce

--
littlehobo