markzoom

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message ...
In article ,
markzoom wrote:
As for banging nails in skirting board, You can be absolutely dead
effing sure people will bang them in walls, not so with properly
screwed skirting board.

The usual way is to fit battens to the wall if brick etc, and then nail to
those. Nail 'holes' are much easier to make good for decorating than screw
heads. Which will invariably show through after some time unless plugged
with wood which then rather negates the benefits of screws.

Well, that's what I intend to do, and run wiring in between. I may fit
a small inspection panel in the skirting board, mainly to give people
a chance to look behind it and discover the wires. The mere presence
of an inspection cover will give a pretty clear indication that
there's stuff behind it.

Something else has crossed my mind: the fact that per regulations live
mains wires are, electrically, only a mm or two away from all
plumbing (assuming that the earth wire connects to the pipework as per
dictats).....